Sunday, January 06, 2013

My Guilty Pleasure

Most of my friends don't know that I love watching romantic comedies and chick-flicks. I appeal to them as someone who'd rather see wrestling mania, basketball, and action/sci-fi movies. Although I do enjoy those stuff, too, I'm a girl through and through- forever giggly and teary-eyed as my rom-com movies close.

I've seen You've got Mail for over 20 times. I will never get tired of Shopgirl and NY152. I cried watching Sam Coulson enter the baseball field to tell Josie he's in love with her. I will forever be in love with Ireland because she breeds men like Gerry Kennedy who, even after death made sure the love of his life is never alone.



When I was in college, I got hooked with San Cai and Dao Ming Si. Yes, I'm a Meteor Garden addict! I'm such a sucker for the kilig factor and I always find a bit of myself in the headstrong lady protagonist (I'm sure I'm not alone here!).




A few months back, I woke up to see my Mama's face glued to the laptop screen. I lazily poked my face to see what she's up to. That was when I got introduced to Maya and Sir Chief. They're too cute and the plot is very light - no violence, sex, & greed. Just good vibes and 1 million milligrams of kilig! I stay up late during weekdays to catch the replays. I hunt youtube and facebook for the teasers and play them on repeat! I just can't get enough of it! I found someone who makes a compilation of the month's episode and stitch it together to make a music video using the songs I grew up listening to. Yes, I'm so hooked i was one of the millions who cried watching last January 4's episode. Although I love Sir Chief dearly, I felt my heart was wrenched and I hated him for what the scripts told him to say. I was so heartbroken that my fingers fumbled to find the blog of the show's fans where they submit their stories. I was so relieved reading some of those and how they would want our love birds to make up. Without that blog site, I would have been awake until morning nursing my wounded heart :'(

I went online this afternoon to check if they have the teaser for Monday up. And they didn't fail me :) I've been playing the 46-second video for at least 20 times already. And i'm sure it should be able to tide me over until tomorrow night.





No comments:

Post a Comment