Thursday, December 06, 2012

Lessons from Life :)

I used to tell myself and my friends with so much conviction, "The only caramel macchiato I could love if the one from Starbucks!". I was ruled by this principle for so long already, my SB caramel mac is blood in my veins.

I have tried a cup of this from Coffee Bean some years back. I didn't like it. I was so biased with my love for the one brewed by SB, I never ordered that beverage from Coffee Bean since. ( I fell in love with their Chai Latte, though.. I have yet to try that from SB).
Then last week, my friend needed stickers so I went to get coffee with her. Something came over me and I decided I should give CB caramel mac another chance :) See, SB is sooooooo far from the office, unlike CB which is just across the road.

I don't know if it was my positive mood, or the brew was just different from that in the Ortigas branch, but the moment I took a sip, there were fireworks! Hahaha! I loved it!

So my emotera-self realized it's something I could relate to life in general. Here's my epiphany (brought about my cup of coffee):

Sometimes, you will tell yourself that you can only love that one thing. That nothing will ever come close to replacing it and it's role in your life. But when you have lived your days quite long enough without it, you will learn to appreciate something new. #superextrachos

Yes, there's like that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment