Sunday, March 04, 2012

moving out seemed good... until now...

Since there was nothing i could do about it, i left 24F Wynsum Corportae Plaza in Ortigas Center. On February 14, i was not only spending Valentine's as a single lady, i was "alone" in my new office.
Mckinley is a nice place, this i cannot deny. But Ortigas, my home of 8 years, will always be the most beautiful place to go to work to.  <*tears*>
The first weeks, it was adjustments all over - the long commute, the new place, the people, the ambiance in the office. Everything looked odd to me. As days go by though, I realized that the trip seemed shorter going to Taguig than to Ortigas (To where if i left the house by 7.30am, i'll arrive by 9.30am!). For someone still in denial and resistance of the change, this is a really good thing.
I don't really judge people, but I do get this first-impression-register stacked behind my mind. And sometimes, my impressions are correct (and this brings me dismay most of the time). I think it's because of these that I end up expecting - which leaves me beat in the end. More often than not, expectations are not met.
This early, there are some things you discover that are not acceptable - based on values and principles. This is natural, crooked policies are everywhere. But what's surprising here is how people in position can just look beyond "tampering" and orders you to write something to make "tampering" a legal and standard SOP. >_<
But I'm not giving up this early. I can't just stand aside and let this happen. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment